Pee Wee As Himself Director On Paul Reubens Decision To Come Out In HBO Doc I Was Proud Of Him Sundance Studio

Key quotes: “I think he had decided that he wanted to come out in the documentary, and I wanted to help him do that. And I was proud of him for doing that on his own terms. We’re of different generations —
I’m gay and I’ve made a lot of films about queer history, and I empathize with and really respect generational differences around that. And it was at once a source of connection and tension between Paul and I, but I thought that he did a beautiful job coming out in the film.” – Matt Wolf
On the conflict over the creative direction and collaboration on the documentary: “There was certainly a power struggle between Paul and I, and the relationship was thrilling, and it could also be very contentious, but I empathized with Paul and I understood where he was coming from. .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netflix Buys Joel Edgerton, Felicity Jones Sundance Drama ‘Train Dreams’ (EXCLUSIVE)

The Fantastic Four First Steps Trailer's Release Date Revealed (And It's Close)

The ‘Emilia Pérez’ backlash, explained